Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trial and Reflection

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Well I am back at last after taking a week off from blogging. The truth is, at first I didn't feel like I had much to blog about...and then some things happened that I didn't want to blog about. But what I've come to learn here is that big hurdles will be thrown your way when you are working for God's kingdom. I don't want to go into details, but over the weekend I was faced with the biggest trial I have experienced here so far. It was so hard for me that I almost wanted to throw in the towel right then and there. I hadn't felt lonely here until then, and suddenly I felt like my parents couldn't get here fast enough. I'm still struggling with it but I am grateful to say that God has encouraged me through a few people and I know more have prayed for me which has brought me through the hardest part.

Then, last night I was again faced with a great trial when my laptop suddenly decided to stop working. Everything I tried to open crashed and I haven't gotten it to work since. I use my laptop for everything here. I need it for all my classes, the finals coming up, emailing, blogging, and of course for fun stuff like Facebooking and catching up on my favorite shows. I know I can survive without it, but it will be a lot harder. Right now for example, I am blogging from my iPhone so we'll see if this even works!

In other news, after this week we only have one more full week of school before finals start! I can't believe how quickly they are coming up! The term will be over before I know it and then I'll be heading home! I have mixed feelings about how quickly my departure is approaching. I will miss this place so incredibly much that my heart hurts at the thought of leaving. But at the same time I am really missing my family and friends, especially since this weekend and am so excited to see them again.

As you can see from the pictures above, I have still been experiencing wonderful things here, including a wine tasting trip with Kristy, complete with delicious cheese and an amazing view. And last week my Arts and Culture classes revieved a couple of old ugly busts that have been here by turning them into an art project and painting them! It was fun to be apart of that and see them all working (or trying to work) together. And of course I'm still enjoying the beautiful sunsets here. The days have been getting shorter and it feels like summer is coming to an end which just reminds me that my time here is too.

In the midst of the current storm I am in, I am reminded that "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea." (Psalm 46:1 & 2) So with that I just want to ask for prayer that I will put my whole trust in the Lord and that he will lift me out from under this dark cloud I find myself in. Pray for strength and encouragement for me as I enter into my last few weeks here. And most of all pray that I leave behind a mark on these students' hearts that will bring them closer to the Lord. If that happens, then I have fulfilled my purpose in coming here.

1 comment:

  1. Addi:

    I have been, and am, and shall continue to pray for you.

    If what you are doing were were easy, then they would not need you there. Remember: It is not so much about what you do, as how you do it. I know that you do all things with great love, grace, mercy, and joy, demonstrating to all the love of Christ. THAT is why you are there, and you can do it well, perhaps even better, without a computer.

    God did not call you to an easy work, but as you have noted and written, he promises to provide the strength that is required.

    Some super-VIP visitors arrive in Rwanda tomorrow, and I get to enjoy them for a week. I think that you know them. I promise to take very good care of them. We are certain to have a great time of fellowship, catching up, and talking about you.

    ReplyDelete